Want to deepen your teaching skills and confidence in the specialised area of prenatal and postnatal yoga teacher training?
The Bliss Baby Yoga Special Mentoring Package offers the opportunity for invaluable learning extension in the form of real-time interaction with a Senior Bliss Baby Yoga mentor, within a group setting, via the video conferencing Zoom platform.
Each session will begin with a short experiential asana (posture), breathing, or meditation session for extra inspiration in your personal and/or teaching of Prenatal/Postnatal Yoga. Then, you’ll have the opportunity to chat to our experienced, senior prenatal and postnatal yoga teacher trainers from anywhere in the world and ask them any questions about your Prenatal/Postnatal studies with Bliss Baby Yoga, or practical questions about your Prenatal or Postnatal Yoga class offerings within your community.
In each one-hour live Zoom session you’ll benefit not only from ongoing support from our team of highly experienced Bliss Baby Yoga mentors but you’ll also gain additional insight and inspiration by sharing ideas and experiences with your peers in the group mentoring session.
By being part of the overall discussion in which other members of the Bliss Baby Yoga teaching and student community also field their questions you’re bound to deepen your knowledge in this specialised area by hearing the Bliss Baby Yoga mentor’s answers to others’ questions and teaching/ studying dilemmas.
By enrolling in this Special Mentoring Package you’re extending on your professional community of prenatal and postnatal teachers so that you feel deeply supported and uplifted in this very important and specialised field of yoga teaching.
For session dates please click on the tabs above marked “June 2021 Schedule” or “October 2021 Schedule”.
What is included in the Mentoring Package?
- 4 x 1 hour group mentoring sessions led by our top Bliss Baby Yoga trainers, offered over a 12 month period. This means you’ll have the opportunity to check in with one of our amazing, inspiring trainers every 3 months to enrich your Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga studies, and/or your teaching if you’re already sharing this work in your community.
- Each session will include a short, experiential prac session of 10 -20 minutes in which the trainer will guide you and the other participants through a sample Asana (posture), pranayama (breathing technique) or meditation practice directly relevant to prenatal or postnatal yoga teacher training. This will then be followed by a 40 – 50 minute group discussion and Q&A (question & answer) session.
- Please note, that if you’re enrolling in this Special Mentoring Package along with your Bliss Baby Yoga Prenatal/ Postnatal Online Yoga Teacher Training Course these four group mentoring sessions are in addition to your one-on-one video call (via skype or zoom) that is part of your course assessment process. In other words, if you enrol in this in addition to your Bliss Baby Yoga course you’re gifting yourself extra ‘face-to-face’ contact time (conducted via Zoom) with our trainers to give you the best possible start as a prenatal/ postnatal yoga teacher.
- For those already out there teaching Pregnancy or Postnatal (including mother and baby) Yoga classes, this special Mentoring Package gives you some extra ‘juice’—ideas, information, confidence—to fuel your teaching and also offers all-important professional development which you can log with your yoga accreditation body such as Yoga Alliance.
- If you’re unable to attend any of the mentoring sessions live via Zoom you’ll have access to a recording of each of the sessions so you can watch them at your leisure. You’ll have 1 year of access to watch / download these recordings.
How does the Mentoring Package work?
We are initially offering two enrolment options for our Live Online Mentoring sessions. You can currently select to enrol in either:
- 4 x Thursday evenings 8pm AEST (UK / Europe friendly time conversion) commencing in June 2021
- 4 x Sunday mornings 8am AEST (USA / Canada friendly time conversion) commencing in October 2021.
You will select a specific cohort to enrol in that best suits your schedule / time zone, and attend the same day / time for all 4 sessions (noting that if you are outside of Australia times may vary slightly for the 4 sessions due to daylight savings commencing / ending). A full outline of the live session dates can be found in the June 2021 Schedule and October 2021 Schedule tabs on this page.
We unfortunately can’t offer ‘make-up sessions’ with a different cohort if you can’t attend one of your live sessions, however all live sessions will be recorded and replay videos will be available to view in your course portal within 24-48 hours after each live session. If you are unable to attend live, you are able to submit your questions ahead of time for each session to be addressed during the live session and available via the recording.
Once you pay for and register in our Special Mentoring Package you’ll have access in the membership part of our website. There, you will find a section that includes the Zoom links for the four mentoring sessions that you’ll be able to attend over the next 12 months, along with all other details you’ll need for that live session.
Each session includes a short practical session led by your mentor, followed by time for you to ask any questions you have about your studies or teaching in Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga.
Our October 2021 Mentoring Package includes 4 x live online small group mentoring sessions via Zoom, commencing in October 2021 and running through until May 2022, with the specific live session dates / times as listed below.
Live Mentoring Schedule:
Session #1: Sunday 17th October 2021, 8am–9am AEST with Rosie Matheson
(Saturday 16th October 2021, 2pm PDT (Los Angeles) // 5pm EDT (New York)
- Rosie will offer a short practical session offering The Cave Wind Breath, a nourishing breath technique for pregnancy and birth along with a luscious, feminine meditation to connect a mother’s heart to the baby’s heart. This will be followed by a Q & A discussion session—field your questions around teaching & practising Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga.
Session #2: Sunday 5th December 2021, 8am-9am AEST with Nadine O’Mara
(Saturday 4th December 2021, 1pm PST (Los Angeles) // 4pm EST (New York)
- Nadine will offer a short practical session on the ‘Golden Egg Breath’ a beautiful, calming and protective pranayama to use during pregnancy, labour and the postnatal period. This will also be accompanied by a seated vinyasa – perfect for opening the heart, back and shoulders whether pre or postnatal. This will be followed by a Q & A discussion session—field your questions around teaching & practising Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga.
Session #3: Sunday 13th March 2022, 8am-9am AEDT Kanako Yajima
(Saturday 12th March 2021, 1pm PST (Los Angeles) // 4pm EST (New York)
- Kanako will run a short practical session offering a series of movements and visualisations from the Five Element Form that are safe for pregnancy. These are grounding standing poses (but can be done seated in chair) similar to Qi-Gong ie. slow, breath-centred movements. This will be followed by a Q & A discussion session—field your questions around teaching & practising Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga.
Session #4: Sunday 29th May 2022, 8am-9am AEDT with Star Despres
(Saturday 28th May 2021, 3pm PST (Los Angeles) // 6pm EST (New York)
- Star will offer a guided feminine Yoga Nidra + Visualisation in Meeting your Inner Wise Woman. This will be something you can reach for at any time in your life or when teaching! This will be followed by a Q & A discussion session—field your questions around teaching & practising Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga.
All live session times are listed in Australian Eastern Standard Time or Australian Eastern Daylight Time (Sydney, Australia time).
Who is this Mentoring Package for?
This package of four live interactive sessions is open to all current Bliss Baby Yoga students of our Prenatal & Postnatal Courses as well as for graduates. If you haven’t done our courses before but have been teaching Prenatal / Postnatal Yoga for some time (at least 6 months) you’re also welcome to join.
It’s for you if you wish to deepen your teaching skills and confidence in the specialised area of Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training.
Or you have a teaching strategy you’d like some feedback and support on – a sequence, choice of postures, and so on..
Perhaps you’d like to chat about a particular student case-study to get some tips on how to best work with them.
Or you’d like the chance to discuss the best ways to timetable, market or manage your Pre/Postnatal Yoga class.
Maybe you’d like some additional opportunities to connect with our facilitators, your peers and extended community for support, questions, connection and inspiration as you complete our Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training course.
Or, perhaps there’s something else related to Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga teaching you’d love to discuss..
Whatever it is, the floor is yours!
You’re not alone!!
This Special Mentoring Package is designed to support Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga teachers / trainees, who are just launching into teaching in this specialised area of yoga and need some help to get started, through to those who have been teaching for a while and would like some advice from experienced teachers to help take their teaching to the next level!
Nadine O’Mara (E-RYT 200, RPYT, YACEP, Yoga Australia Lvl 3 Teacher, DONA Certified Doula) is an experienced prenatal and postnatal yoga teacher, doula, and our Bliss Baby Yoga Director who is passionate about supporting women’s health, especially around birth.
Nadine began her journey teaching yoga in 2005 and with time channelled this into teaching yoga for pregnancy, preparation for child birth and yoga for the postnatal period, having run classes both in Australia and the UK. She sees teaching prenatal and postnatal yoga as such a unique gift – supporting students at their most vulnerable time. Sensitivity and understanding is key to your teaching.
In addition to sharing her knowledge in our Bliss Baby Yoga online courses and content, Nadine has run her own business Conscious Birth for almost ten years in Sydney and now in Bellingen, NSW Australia. Nadine provides doula support and yoga as well as prenatal yoga teacher training, birth education, self care and restorative yoga workshops for mothers, facilitates mother’s circles, family yoga and retreats for women and/or families. She is most importantly a mama to two girls who get on the mat with her when they can.
Nadine has a wealth of experience to share with newer and trainee teachers in the area of pregnancy and birth and in running a feminine centred business. She believes that teaching pre and post natal yoga helps facilitate a gentle birth and the creation of positive family life.
- Prenatal Yoga
- Mother & Baby / Postnatal Yoga
- Restorative Yoga
- Family Yoga
- Running your own yoga business
- Running birth workshops
- Women’s circles & workshops for new mothers
Nadine is also a co-presenter for our Bliss Baby Yoga Online L2 Yoga for Fertility Teacher Training course and our Online L2 Restorative Yoga Teacher Training course.
Rosie Matheson is a passionate women’s health and wellbeing educator. She has trained extensively in Hatha Yoga, and is a also a qualified Doula. Rosie’s many offerings for women include classes, workshops, and teacher training courses in yoga for fertility, healthy menstruation, women’s life cycles, and both the prenatal and postnatal phases of life.
Rosie’s foundational work in women’s yoga was conducted during a three year residency on Koh Phangan, Thailand. There she participated in over 700 hours of Yoga Alliance certified Yoga Teacher Training courses in addition to attending Yoga Therapy workshops, meditation courses, and a variety of women’s retreats and classes.
Teaching women close to home and across the globe, Rosie regularly leads trainings for students in the USA, Japan, Italy, and Australia. Rosie’s passion is in educating women on the power of their bodies, and the undeniable correlation between celebrating your feminine form and living an empowered and vital life.
Her genius is in presenting these ideas in a way that is accessible, nurturing, and inspiring to women everywhere.
- Yoga for pregnancy
- Yoga for fertility
- Guided meditations for women’s health and wellbeing
- Yoga to support the menstrual cycle and menstrual imbalances
- Restorative yoga
Kanako Yajima (E-RYT 500, RPYT) has long been a dedicated yoga student, teacher, and teacher trainer. She is very passionate about supporting women at all stages of their lives by sharing yoga practices that are individually relevant and accessible.
She has been trained in various styles of yoga including Solomon Yogalates, Ishta System with Rachel Zinman, and Vini Yoga and the Five Element Form with Peter Clifford. She worked closely with late Maria Kirsten whose amazing passion and work have inspired and continue to inspire the way Kanako works with her own body and with her students.
Kanako has also worked internationally in many teacher trainings, retreats and workshops as both interpreter (for Japanese groups) and as a teacher trainer.
Thanks to her experience as a yoga translator/interpreter (between Japanese and English) and her dedication to knowledge and growth, she has been immersed in various teachings including yoga philosophy, anatomy and physiology, pranayama and meditation, and her versatile and unique teaching styles reflect that extensive knowledge and experience.
Kanako is grateful everyday for being a mother to her daughter as it has been the most challenging yet beautiful and transformational yoga sadhana in life, and she loves sharing the magic of yoga practices with students from that heart-felt space.
- Yoga for pregnancy
- Postnatal Yoga
- Breath-centred Yoga
- Mindful movement
- Restorative Yoga
- Accessible Yoga
Kanako is also a Senior Course Facilitator for our Bliss Baby Yoga Online Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training course.
Star Despres is a devoted yogini, practising since she was 19 and teaching since 2006. She is a Senior Byron Yoga Centre qualified Teacher and Teacher Trainer and has been facilitating Bliss Baby Yoga teacher training courses since 2010. Star’s passions rest in empowering women to reconnect with the Divine Feminine, no matter what stage of life they are in, and assisting them to find a more nurturing, embodied, sacred and devotional approach to life. She especially loves to support women through pregnancy, the postnatal period, perimenopause, menopause and times of exhaustion and depletion via the practises of Restorative Yoga, Feminine Embodiment, Mindfulness and daily Self Care rituals.
Star is also the founder of Way of the Wise Woman, a devotional sanctuary honouring the Feminine and offering private mentoring, sessions, retreats, workshops and circles to inspire women to reclaim their power, awaken the wise woman within and reconnect to their authentic feminine essence. Her greatest role is as a mama of 2 daughters (17 years apart), and continues to fine tune the balance of service and Mamahood whilst also honouring her own needs and daily practise.
* Prenatal yoga
* Postnatal yoga
* Restorative yoga
* Yoga for Women’s Health
* Feminine Embodiment Practises
* Womb Connection + Healing Practises
* Self-care practises / yoga
* The art of creating and holding safe space
* Running women’s workshops
*Sequencing your women’s yoga class
Star is also a Senior Course Facilitator for our Bliss Baby Yoga Online Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training course and Online L1 Restorative Yoga Teacher Training course.
What past Bliss Baby Yoga online mentoring class participants say:
Choose from the purchase options below—stand-alone or bundle options
ALL PRICES ARE IN AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS AND INCLUDE GST FOR AUSTRALIAN RESIDENTS.
Customers outside of Australia, please note – prices displayed below and at the checkout are in Australian Dollars, and will be converted to your local currency upon payment, either via PayPal, or your Credit Card company. (You won’t need to work out this conversion yourself). For your own information, a Google search can help you to check an approximate conversion of the amount in AUD to your local currency. (Eg, “$120 AUD in USD”)
Your payment will be processed securely through PayPal, or eWay. Pay via Credit Card (check-out as a guest – no PayPal account required), or via your PayPal account.
4 x 1 hr Mentoring Package
4 x 1 hour small group live sessions via Zoom
Recordings of live mentoring sessions
Prenatal & Postnatal YTT + Mentoring Bundle
4 x 1 hour small group live sessions via Zoom
($105 – special bundle price)
Recording of live mentoring sessions
*Option to add Extension Modules