The Complete Guide to Yoga for your Menstrual Cycle and Menopause
Did you know your menstrual cycle is connected to the phases of the moon and you can enjoy greater health and vitality by practising specific yoga sequences for every changing stage in your monthly cycle?
Moving with the Moon introduces Ana Davis’ uniquely feminine approach to yoga and is the complete guide to yoga for your menstrual cycle and menopause.
This comprehensive ‘health bible’ for women will help you fall in love with your monthly and life cycles. It showcases a huge repertoire of yoga postures, sequences and tips on therapeutic modifications and prop use, all overlaid with a passionately nurturing and self-sustaining approach to yoga and self-care.
The director and founder of Bliss Baby Yoga offers you a deeper understanding of your cycling body, helping to balance your hormones and your life, and empowering you with dedicated practices to boost your health, energy and wellbeing as a woman.
**NEWSFLASH ** This groundbreaking book is being launched very soon! Ana hopes to have the first print copies available early November, 2018… Stay tuned!!
Contact us to be the first to know when Moving with the Moon is released and available for purchase.
‘A treasure trove of practices and advice with a reminder that being a woman carries different shades of being and that tuning into yourself is to tune to your womb. As you explore the practices and suggestions throughout, you’ll feel Ana’s expert and sensitive guidance and come away with tools for any age or stage of life. Moving with the Moon is a gem for women!’
—RACHEL ZINMAN Author of Yoga for Diabetes, How to Manage your Health with Yoga and Ayurveda and Global Yoga Teacher, www.yogafordiabetesblog.com
Moving with the moon is a creative and empowering process of adapting, changing, and crafting a feminine yoga practice from day to day. Just as the moon waxes and wanes, this book will unfurl and deepen your connection to the internal rhythm within your body.
Moving with the Moon
Moving with the Womb
- A Feminine Approach to Yoga: A Woman’s Life Cycles
- Why do yoga for your menstrual cycle?
Honouring your Cycle
- A short ‘her-story’ – attitudes towards menstruation in history
- The Red Tent – learning to fall in love with your cycle
The ebb and flow of the womb
- What’s going on? An overview of our monthly changes
- The Lunar Connection
- The Four Energetic Phases of your Cycle and Moving with the Moon
The Dark Moon – Yoga for your Bleeding Time
- The Reflective Phase: Resting and Retreating
- Creating your Yogic Red Tent: Principles and Guidelines for a Dark Moon Practice
- Fundamental Dark Moon Postures, Pranayama, Meditations & Relaxation Practices
- Dark Moon Sequences to practice at home
The Waxing Moon – Yoga for the pre-ovulation phase
- The Dynamic Phase: harnessing your strength and energy
- Principles and Guidelines for a Waxing Moon Practice
- Fundamental Waxing Moon Postures, Pranayama, Meditations & Relaxation Practices
- Waxing Moon Sequences to practice at home
The Full Moon – Yoga for the ovulation phase
- The Expressive Phase: basking in your femininity
- Principles and Guidelines for a Full Moon Practice
- Fundamental Full Moon Postures, Pranayama, Meditations & Relaxation Practices
- Full Moon Sequences to practice at home
The Waning Moon – Yoga for the pre-menstrual phase
- The Creative Phase: creating personal space; PMS is not a dirty word!
- Principles and Guidelines for a Waning Moon Practice
- Fundamental Waning Moon Postures, Pranayama, Meditations & Relaxation Practices
- Waning Moon Sequences to practice at home
- Guidelines and yoga for bringing your cycle back into balance
- Specific yoga tips for common menstrual anomalies – menstrual cramps (dysmennorrheoa), heavy bleeding (menorrhagia), fibroids, endometriosis, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), Amenorrhea (absent periods), and PMS (premenstrual syndrome).
The Wise Womb: Embracing Menopause
- Perimenopause and are you in it?
- Menopause – on the other side
- Principles and Guidelines for a balancing perimenopause & menopause yoga practice
- Perimenopause & Menopause Yoga Sequences to practice at home
Advance chapter “The Dark Moon”
Be one of the first to experience “Moving with the Moon” by ordering your copy of an advance chapter, “The Dark Moon” and you’ll also receive a discount on “Moving with the Moon” when it is released.
“The Dark Moon” is a unique and ground-breaking 100 page e-book which includes:
Home Practice Guidelines
Detailed explanation and guidelines for creating your own yoga menstrual practice at home
Dark Moon Yoga Sequences
4 x special Dark Moon Yoga Sequences for Healthy Menstruation featuring beautiful, easy-to-follow illustrations and detailed instructions
Dark Moon Practices
8 x special Dark Moon Menstrual Pranayama (Breathing), Meditation, Visualisation and Deep Relaxation Practices
Bonus Audio Tracks
8 x bonus Audio Tracks guiding you through Ana’s beautiful Dark Moon Menstrual Pranayama (Breathing), Meditation and Relaxation Practices so that you can practice them at home easily and joyfully.
Praise for “The Dark Moon – Nurturing Yoga for Healthy Menstruation” by Ana Davis
About the author – Ana Davis
Ana Davis is a well known yoga teacher and teacher trainer specializing in yoga for women’s health. With an Honor’s Degree in Japanese Feminism, Ana has long been passionate about working with women’s experience and exploring the benefits of yoga and meditation for women’s monthly and life cycles.
Ana has been teaching yoga since 1996 and in 2005 founded Bliss Baby Yoga a well-respected organization offering prenatal and postnatal yoga teacher training courses across Australia and internationally. Ana has been a regular guest teacher for the Byron Yoga Centre’s teacher training courses offering lectures on yoga for women’s health and restorative yoga. She is currently on the faculty for the Vita Yoga Teacher Training Course.
In 2013, Ana also founded Moving with the Moon, which offers workshops and classes on yoga for the menstrual cycle, menopause and fertility.
Moving with the Moon – Nurturing Yoga, Movement and Meditation for Every Phase of your Menstrual Cycle and Beyond represents a culmination of years of Ana’s research, teaching, and personal yoga practice as well as an overriding passion for women’s natural health and wellbeing.
If you’d like a taste of what’s to come, you can enjoy The Dark Moon: Nurturing Yoga for Healthy Menstruation E-book by Ana, which is an advance chapter from Ana’s upcoming complete book.
Ana lives in Byron Bay with her husband and 13 year old son. When not practising or teaching yoga she enjoys cooking, gardening, dancing and meditating on her stand-up paddle board.