About us: Bliss Baby Yoga & Moving with the Moon
Bliss Baby Yoga Pty Ltd is a small but steadily growing specialised yoga teacher training company that offers high-quality online yoga teacher training courses, online yoga classes, and books, as well as some face-to-face workshops and trainings. We have been the foremost provider of prenatal, postnatal, fertility-yoga, restorative and women’s yoga training courses for over a decade.
Bliss Baby Yoga Director and Founder Ana Davis’s approach is all about honouring the unique needs of the feminine body and soul in teaching women how to practise and adapt their yoga practice according to their various feminine ages and phases.
You can find out more about our approach and offerings on our website: www.blissbabyyoga.com
Moving with the Moon is the name of Ana Davis’ much-lauded book all about yoga for the menstrual cycle and menopause as well as her vision for a series of classes, workshops (online and in person) and webinars that are conducted auxiliary to the Bliss Baby Yoga courses.
More info here: www.movingwiththemoon.com
In addition to managing the marketing for Bliss Baby Yoga and Moving with the Moon, you will essentially be Ana’s partner in managing the overall business operations—a kind of ‘MD’ in yoga-terms.
You will also work closely with our Operations Manager, Robyn Bell, in your marketing and course direction roles.
We are a very small and busy operation so you will need to hit the ground running and exhibit common sense and be able to work largely independently.
This is an ‘online’ role, so you will be working from your home office, and will have some flexibility of working hours. We’ll check in with each other via Skype / calls, so being in the same or a similar time-zone to us on the East Coast of Australia, or being available to work during business hours AEST, would be ideal.
Your role would include the following tasks:
- Manage the Bliss Baby Yoga social networking accounts—2 x facebook and 2 x instagram accounts (Bliss Baby Yoga and Moving with the Moon) by creating engaging content to build and connect with our community and promote our courses, products and offerings; Also, instigating and managing a Twitter account for Moving with the Moon.
- Building and honouring our brand, while bringing your unique creativity and ideas—eg: working with our Operations Manager to write/edit copy and oversee layout for magazine ads (online and hard copy); managing Facebook advertising campaigns, managing listings in online yoga directories; writing / updating copy on the Bliss Baby Yoga website.
- Managing and editing content and scheduling for Evergreen Newsletters and E-blasts—again you would be working closely with the Operations Manager on this task; this would also include managing the sourcing of content from Bliss Baby Yoga teachers and guest bloggers.
- Writing blogs for the Bliss Baby Yoga Newsletter – on prenatal / postnatal / fertility / women’s health related topics.
- Directing and compiling designated online courses – this would involve liaising with Ana Davis and contributing teacher(s) and creating and managing a production timeline; ideally you would also have adequate video editing skills (eg: imovie) to produce online course materials.
Note, tasks will vary from week to week— this is only a part-time role and we are committed to slow, sustainable growth as a business so as to avoid burnout for any of us. You will therefore not be expected to perform every one of the above tasks every week. But you will be expected to prioritise tasks according to agreed schedules and marketing priorities (in communication with Ana and Robyn), and your foremost weekly task will always be to manage the social networking platforms.
Essential Skills / Requirements:
- Excellent marketing knowledge, experience and skills
- High level knowledge of Instagram and Facebook platforms for social media marketing and community building; experience in managing social media accounts for business (either your own, or for another business)
- Knowledge of yoga, in particular, a passion for / experience in yoga for women’s health (prenatal, postnatal, fertility, restorative, yoga for menstruation, menopause etc.) – and ideally you will have a good working knowledge of the content, philosophy and methodology of our Bliss Baby Yoga courses and products. Super ideally, you would be a trained women’s yoga teacher: one of our graduates perhaps??
- Expressive, professional and compelling writing skills (including good grammar and spelling), and ability to write high-level, appropriate blog content for our website. You will also possess good editing and proof-reading skills.
- Strong computer skills (tech savvy) and familiar with using Dropbox, Gmail, Microsoft Office etc.
- Creative flare and a refined and savvy aesthetic sense
- Good organization skills and a total self-starter
- Able to provide your own computer / smart phone / home office / internet at your own expense
- ABN to invoice as an independent contractor
Additional skills (a bonus, but not essential):
- Graphic design skills / experience and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop / Illustrator / InDesign)
- Photography skills
- Experience in WordPress
- Experience in video editing and film production
Please note – if you feel that you possess most of the required skills / experience above, but not all, we don’t want this to discourage you from applying for this role. If you are passionate about yoga for women’s health and have experience and skills in areas of content creation and/or marketing and/or managing social media marketing, please get in touch with us and let us know what you can offer to our business, and if we find the right combination of candidates, this role may be split in two.
Perks for you:
- Choose your hours and work from home (noting we prefer someone who is in the same/similar time-zone as us here on the east coast of Australia)
- Enjoy dependable income (once we settle on appropriate number of weekly hours) that you can fit around your other projects / work / family commitments. Ideal for a mother and/or yoga teacher.
- Free access to Bliss Baby Yoga online courses to familiarise yourself with our brand and content (and enhance your knowledge and skills in this area of yoga for women)
- Creative, satisfying work that centres around your passion, yoga, in a feminine-paradigm business.
Hours / Rate of Pay:
- 4-9 hours per week (depending on your skills and availability), ideally logging on 2-3 separate times throughout the week (eg. Tuesday, Thursday; or Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
- $40 (AUD) per hour (invoiced fortnightly or monthly)
A 3 month probation period will apply for the successful applicant.
There is the possibility this position could lead to becoming a shareholder in the company—for the right person, all in good timing.
Email us your Resume (email@example.com) and also include the following information in a cover letter:
- Your name and contact details
- Introduce yourself (1-3 sentences) to us and let us know why this role is of interest to you – tell us who you are and why we’ll enjoy working with you
- A one paragraph overview of your experience and skills in marketing
- A one paragraph overview of any other relevant professional experience (eg: marketing, PR, journalism, graphic design etc).
- A one paragraph overview of your experience / background / interest in yoga for women’s health / women’s health and wellness.
- Links to social media accounts you currently manage, or examples of content for accounts you have previously managed. (Your biggest testimonial will be to show us how expertly you already post for your own or someone else’s business).
- Link to 1-2 blogs / articles written by you