Administration & Marketing Assistant & all-round whiz!
About us: Bliss Baby Yoga & Moving with the Moon
Bliss Baby Yoga Pty Ltd is a small but steadily growing specialised yoga teacher training company that offers high-quality online yoga teacher training courses, online yoga classes, and books, as well as some face-to-face workshops and trainings. We have been the foremost provider of Prenatal, Postnatal, Fertility, Restorative and Women’s Yoga teacher training courses for over a decade.
Bliss Baby Yoga Co-Director and Founder Ana Davis’s approach is all about honouring the unique needs of the feminine body and soul in teaching women how to practise and adapt their yoga practice according to their various feminine ages and phases.
You can find out more about our approach and offerings on our website: www.blissbabyyoga.com
Moving with the Moon is the name of Ana Davis’ much-lauded book all about yoga for the menstrual cycle and menopause as well as her vision for a series of classes, workshops (online and in person) and webinars that are conducted auxiliary to the Bliss Baby Yoga courses.
More info here: www.movingwiththemoon.com
We’re seeking a self-starting, detail-oriented person with admin and marketing skills and experience.
This casual part-time position is an assistant-level role in which you’ll be working with our Operations Manager and Marketing Manager on a variety of administrative and marketing tasks. We’d also like to work up to training you in procedural IT tasks in the backend of the website.
You’ll be a vital piece in our team of passionate, friendly women, with your tasks involved in marketing and administering our popular niche yoga online courses.
The position offers flexible hours and the opportunity to work from home anywhere in Australia. There will be some Zoom staff meetings to attend that will be set based on Sydney time.
Since we’re a busy and growing company there is the potential for your position and responsibilities to grow and develop over time depending on your skills and available time.
Your role will include everything from responding to customer enrolment troubleshooting requests, to editing teacher’s powerpoint docs, to sourcing royalty free images, to setting up blog posts in word press, to editing course videos… It’s a diverse and stimulating role that offers growth for the right person.
Here’s the specifics…This is the type of person we’re seeking:
You’re able to work independently and efficiently on a variety of administrative and marketing support tasks and can engage competently and professionally with the following platforms/ software:
- Word, Gmail email, Google Docs, Dropbox, Excel spreadsheets, Powerpoint and Keynote, Zoom, Vimeo and Planoly. (If you haven’t worked with every one of these platforms, don’t worry, as long as you have the majority under your belt and you have the ability to learn to navigate the others quickly).
- We’d also love someone who’s worked on the backend of website platforms like WordPress—i.e., you have the basic ability to add/edit content and basic functions. Plus, in a super ideal world, you may also have had experience in Infusionsoft (now called Keap), Learn Dash and/or Memberium. Again, this is not essential, as long as you possess a willingness to learn how to do basic administrative and simple customer service/ course creation IT trouble shooting tasks / functionality tasks within these platforms, over time.
• You’ll also ideally have experience and knowledge in interacting with social media platforms—Facebook & Instagram—either in promoting your own social media profile or in working on other business’s social media accounts.
• You’ll have good written business English skills and a sensitivity to a high level of customer service.
• You thrive on dotting your ‘i’s and crossing your ‘t’s—you’re a thorough, detail orientated person who is prepared to be accountable at all times in a professional capacity.
• You work well as part of a team and are willing to take direction from our Operations Manager, Marketing Manager and Directors.
• We’d love it (preferable but not essential) if you also have basic design/ layout skills for formatting and editing Powerpoint documents and creating Instagram tiles.
• A real bonus would be if you happen to have knowledge and experience in editing videos in i Movie. But if not, we’ll teach you!
• Overall, your CV reflects a solid professional background in either admin or marketing, or better still, both… You might be a parent, yogi or come from a health and wellbeing background. Most importantly, you’re passionate about working on the operation and promotion of our yoga teacher training courses, books and products— that support women and people across the world at various phases of a feminine life.
• You don’t have be a yoga teacher or practitioner but that would certainly help in terms of your understanding of and investment in what we do here at Bliss Baby Yoga.
• You have your own ABN and are happy to work for us in a contractor capacity (invoicing monthly). You’re prepared to work from your own home office that includes your own reliable computer, printer, mobile phone, and good — reliable and fast — internet connection. You’re responsible for maintaining your own Microsoft Office software accounts (Word, excel etc), but we’re happy to cover the cost of any additional storage accounts like Dropbox.
Hours & remuneration
This position will initially require you to work 8 – 10 hours per week.
The timing of when you perform these hours is largely flexible, although we would like you to be willing to log on at least twice per week, and there will be occasional Zoom meetings (about every 3-4 weeks) at a set, mutually convenient times for all relevant staff (based on Australian Eastern Standard – Sydney time) that will most likely balloon your hours from time to time.
Over time, after you’ve successfully completed a probation period of 3 months, there is the potential that the number of hours you perform each week to increase. We’re looking for someone who ultimately has up to 20 hours availability to work for our Company—that you can build up to, over time, as company budgets, training systems and your skills allow.
You will be employed with Bliss Baby Yoga as a contractor (with your own ABN), invoicing the company monthly, at an hourly rate of $35 AUD (including any GST charged). Please note, the actual number of weekly invoiced hours may vary up or down depending on what projects are currently on the boil and the relevant admin and marketing workload requirements, which can fluctuate a little.
Perks for you:
- Work from home with flexible work hours that you can fit around your other projects / work / family commitments – ideal for a parent and/or yoga teacher.
- Satisfying work that centres around your passion, yoga
- You’ll be part of an affirming women’s collective committed to supporting each other to fulfil our professional dharmas and to share this important work with women across this world.
Please send your one page CV plus a one page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11 October 2021.
In your cover letter please explain why you’re the best choice for our new Admin & Marketing Assistant—highlighting any relevant experience, qualifications and skills.
We will be interviewing for the position mid-late October 2021 and would like the new assistant to start by early November 2021 at the latest. All applicants will be notified of the success of their application by 1 November.