What is “optimal foetal positioning”?
In this informative video, our Bliss Baby Yoga guest presenter, Childbirth Educator and Doula Trainer, Anna Watts, explains the various ways that a baby can be positioned in the latter stages of pregnancy, which foetal positioning is optimal, and also shares creative ways to encourage baby into an ideal position for birth.
Click the play button on the video below to delve into this topic with Anna.
Anna Watts is a beloved Bliss Baby Yoga presenter, who features in our Bliss Baby Yoga Online Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training course, sharing her wisdom and experience in various aspects of pregnancy and birth including the Stages of Labour, Interventions During Labour & Conscious Cesarean, Yoga Nidra for Pregnancy and Yoga Nidra for New Mothers.
Anna, founder of Celebration of Birth Doula Academy, is a Sacred Birth Educator, Doula Trainer and Counsellor. The Academy offers Sacred Birth Doula and Postnatal Doula trainings for both new and experienced doulas to explore birth as a journey of transformation and healing. Anna has also created an Online Chakra Birthing Course, to support those who are pregnant, as well as partners, support people, doulas, prenatal yoga teachers, childbirth educators and midwives. Please visit the website for training dates and information about her personal sessions, in person or via Skype anywhere in the world – www.celebrationofbirth.com.
Further Reading related to this topic:
- Yoga for Optimal Foetal Positioning by Mari Notaras
- A Grounding Visualisation for Pregnancy with Anna Watts
- The path of surrender: a key to a ‘good’ birth by Beth Ivy Buxton
- The Fruit of Birth by Nadine O’Mara
- The Sweet Sounds of Birth by Ana Davis
- Chanting, Mantra and Mudra for Pregnancy and Birth by Jennifer Allen
- Batteries included: the best birth support is inbuilt by Rosie Matheson