In this video blog, Senior Bliss Baby Yoga Course Facilitator, Star Despres, explains how moving away from an old, masculine paradigm of sharing online and towards a feminine approach of embracing our cyclic nature is necessary to create sustainability with your online business and avoid overwhelm and burnout.
Key Tools, as outlined by Star:
- Follow your joy. Follow what lights you up and where the inspiration is. This will allow for more creativity.
- Use automation to honour where you are in your cycle. It works well when you are feeling less creative and need more rest. It will also help to create consistency.
- Prioritise your personal practice. This can allow you to be more creative and connected and more productive with your time.
- Consistent time off. Whether it’s a few hours a day, or one day a week, having time away from the screen can improve your mental health.
Star Despres is a Senior Course Facilitator for our Bliss Baby Yoga Online Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training course and Online L1 & L2 Restorative Yoga Teacher Training courses, and also offers Online 1:1 Mentoring for yoga teachers and personalised yoga classes.
Star also shares her own online sanctuary, Way of the Wise Woman, which can be found at www.stardespres.com, honouring the feminine and offering private mentoring, retreats, workshops and circles to inspire women to reclaim their power and reconnect to their authentic selves. You can also connect with Star through social media via Way of the Wise Woman on Facebook and Instagram.
Further Reading related to this topic:
- Feminine Leadership Summit – interview with Ana Davis and Lisa Fitzpatrick
- Self Care for All Phases of your Menstrual Cycle by Ana Davis
- Restorative Yoga for Busy Women by Star Despres
- 7 ways to increase your feminine vitality, powerful presence and influence by Lisa Fitzpatrick
- How Yoga Can Support Postnatal Mental Health (Including Three Simple Practices) by Maria Kirsten
- Making a Sabbatical Your Next Career Move by Eva Benoit